July 8, 2012

Vintage Strollers, Yellow Leaves and Beautiful Daughters

The other night I dreamt..
I dreamt of a place that was very familiar yet I knew nothing about. My neighborhood as a child yet a completely different house, street and life. A baby, daughter, I had never met yet loved with every part of my soul. She wasn't mine biologically, but nonetheless, she was mine. The dream started off as I in my tank top and striped pajama shorts drinking a morning tea and saying farewell to my Honey on his way to work. I then sat down in my beautiful, white-washed, country-chic kitchen to open my email and enjoy my tea. When I heard the doorbell ring, I was thinking Josh maybe forgot something for work.. When I  casually opened the door I remember an overwhelming feeling as if all the sunshine in the universe was beaming from inside this small basket, wrapped in white blankets, staring up at me with large, doe-like brown eyes. Inside was the most beautiful, fair skinned, baby girl. With curls dark as night and eyelashes that the stars yearn for. I was in absolute awe of her. It seemed as if God, placed her outside my home. An angel that drifted straight from Heaven. I knew she was mine. My baby. My daughter. I picked her up and cradled her in my arms. Loosing my heart within her eyes. I was in absolute love. A love I have never felt. A motherly love that swept over me like instinct. I was more happy then I ever remembered being. I then went into the living room and sat, just cradling her, watching her. As she watched me, waiting for my next move. I called Josh home immediately, told him I needed him home. To see my miracle, our new miracle. The only thing I remember about him rushing through the door was saying, 
"Well, we've waited forever, now she is yours, she is ours."

Baby Sophia.

The dream then skipped to me walking down the road, pushing her in an all white vintage baby stroller. The kind with ornately hand carved flowers and small birds. Leaves were falling and I remember crunching over them as I walked. Sophia, now a few months older, laughed each time, she seemed to love autumn just as much. The air was crisp and houses were decorated with pumpkins and scarecrows. I loved pushing her through the neighborhood. I felt that I wanted the world to see my beautiful daughter.

Then it moved onto me at my mothers house, only it wasn't my mothers house. We walked outside to the pool area. My mother holding Sophia and pointing to a pile of small papers on the bar. She told me they came in the mail for me. I went over to see them and they were checks. Personal checks, only they didn't have a name as from who. I sifted through them, some for $500, $3,000, $2,500, $10,000 and so on. They all said for 'Baby Reese'. I was so confused and when I turned to ask my mom and she just shrugged. I looked at My Sophia, and her eyes twinkled as she stared back at me. 

Then I woke up.


A few things I would like to point out:
1. This dream felt so real, the feeling that I had when I woke up.. It really is unexplainable. I normally don't remember what I dream about but this time I did. 
2.  Before bed that night, in my prayers, I spoke to God, I asked him to take away the negative thoughts that lurked in my head from that day. I asked for a peaceful night and happiness..
3. I loved this child in my dream more then anything in the entire world. I felt an overwhelming feeling of love and the need to protect.
4. It is quite odd that I chose the name Sophia, in reality I'm not partial to it nor Reese.
5. Everything in my dream emanated the color white.. My house, my white picket fence, my kitchen, my moms back patio/pool, the baby carriage.. 
6. It's amazing how in dreams, bits and pieces of your overall life seem to be thrown together..Making absolutely no sense in reality, but perfection in your heart.

Photos I was able to find trying to give my dream reality..

*This is the actual home from my dream, with better landscaping. This is also an actual home from my neighborhood growing up.


*The next 3 photos I found all have bits a pieces that resemble the kitchen in my dream.




*This photo resembles the living room


*Imagine a carriage similar to this just must more ornate and completely white.



*The neighborhood of my dreams is the understatement of the century.



*Houses decorated for Fall Harvest..




1 comment: